Peanut Noodle Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup(s) chunky peanut butter
- 5 tablespoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated or minced fresh ginger
- 2 clove(s) minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot sauce (such as Frank's RedHot)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced thin
- 1/3 cup(s) minced fresh cilantro
- Note: If using a hotter sauce, such as Tabasco, you may want to reduce the amount to 1/2 teaspoon.
- 1. Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot.
- 2. Add pasta and salt, and cook, stirring often, until tender.
- 3. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water until cool.
- 4. Drain the pasta well and transfer to a large bowl. Add the sesame oil and toss to coat.
- 5. Whisk the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger, garlic, and hot sauce together in a bowl until smooth.
- 6. Add the dressing, bell peppers, carrots, cucumber, and cilantro to the pasta and toss to combine, adjusting the sauce consistency with the reserved cooking water as desired.
- 7. Season with salt to taste and serve room-temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by flambe99 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes