Peanut Noodle Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup(s) chunky peanut butter
- 5 tablespoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated or minced fresh ginger
- 2 clove(s) minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot sauce (such as Frank's RedHot)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced thin
- 1/3 cup(s) minced fresh cilantro
- Note: If using a hotter sauce, such as Tabasco, you may want to reduce the amount to 1/2 teaspoon.
- 1. Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot.
- 2. Add pasta and salt, and cook, stirring often, until tender.
- 3. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water until cool.
- 4. Drain the pasta well and transfer to a large bowl. Add the sesame oil and toss to coat.
- 5. Whisk the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger, garlic, and hot sauce together in a bowl until smooth.
- 6. Add the dressing, bell peppers, carrots, cucumber, and cilantro to the pasta and toss to combine, adjusting the sauce consistency with the reserved cooking water as desired.
- 7. Season with salt to taste and serve room-temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by flambe99 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note