Very tasty...quite easy to prepare! I used sesame oil in place of the peanut oil to add a little extra Asian flare. I also served with a bowl of sliced cucumbers for the wimpier eaters who felt this was pretty spicey!
Peanut Fettuccine with Shrimp, Carrots, and Snow Peas
For an authentic Asian touch, use wide, flat rice noodles.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 352
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 25.6g
- Carbohydrate: 41.5g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 419mg
- Calcium: 89mg
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
- 4 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 2 cups packaged matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Set pasta aside. Combine reserved liquid and peanut butter in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add snow peas and carrots; stir-fry 3 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add 1/4 cup broth; cook 1 minute. Spoon carrot mixture into a large bowl; keep warm. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add shrimp; stir-fry 2 minutes or until shrimp are done. Add shrimp to carrot mixture; keep warm.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup broth, sugar, soy sauce, and chili sauce in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves. Add soy sauce mixture and peanut butter mixture to pan. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until slightly thick. Add pasta to pan, tossing to coat. Stir in the shrimp mixture; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes