Peanut Energy Bar
This carbohydrate-rich bar, full of nuts, seeds, fruit and oats, was adapted from Amy Harrison's prize-winning submission in the Plains (Georgia) Peanut Festival recipe competition sponsored by The Peanut Institute. It includes a little protein, and is a great grab-and-go pre-workout snack on mornings when you don't have time to digest a full meal.
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) dry roasted salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup(s) roasted sunflower seeds, or other chopped nuts
- 2 cup(s) raisins, or other chopped dried fruit
- 2 cup(s) rolled or instant oats
- 2 cup(s) toasted rice cereal, such as rice krispies
- 1/4 cup(s) toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup(s) creamy or crunchy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1.Coat an 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2.Combine peanuts, sunflower seeds (or other nuts), raisins (or other dried fruit), oats, rice cereal and wheat germ (if using) in a large bowl.
- 3.Combine peanut butter, brown sugar and corn syrup (or honey) in a large microwaveable bowl; microwave on High until bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Add vanilla and stir until blended. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until coated.
- 4.Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Press down firmly. (It helps to coat your fingers with cooking spray.) Let stand for about 1 hour to harden. Cut into bars.
- Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Individually wrap in plastic and keep at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature.
- Per serving: 255 calories; 9 g fat ( 1 g sat , 2 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 95 mg sodium; 242 mg potassium.
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2
- Exchanges: 2 carbohydrate (other), 1 1/2 fat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sweetnlow257 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peanut Energy Bar Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Snacks
More Recipes for Main Dishes