Peanut-Dusted Pork Medallions With Citrus Pan Sauce
Prep: 15 min., Cook: 10 min.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living Cooking School
Amount per serving
- Calories: 326
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 15.4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Sodium: 825mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 1 (1- to 1.25-pound) pork tenderloin
- 4 tablespoons light roast peanut flour made with USA-GROWN PEANUTS
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/3 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons aromatic peanut oil made with USA-GROWN PEANUTS, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Garnishes: fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs, orange rind curls
- 1. Remove silver skin from tenderloin, leaving a thin layer of fat. Cut pork diagonally into 1-inch-thick slices.
- 2. Stir together peanut flour, cumin, red pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Reserve 2 teaspoons peanut flour mixture. Dredge pork in remaining peanut flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- 3. Whisk together broth, next 4 ingredients, and reserved 2 teaspoons peanut flour mixture in a small bowl.
- 4. Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to a serving platter. Keep warm.
- 5. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté about 30 seconds. Add broth mixture to skillet, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pour sauce over pork. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used 12% fat light roast peanut flour.
- Note: Nutritional analysis does not include garnish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes