This is great and I have made it before but this time, I used Crunchy Nut O's cereal (new from Kellogg. I just crushed it and used that in place of peanut/crumb mixture. It was perfect and much easier!
Peanut-Crusted Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
Pick up a container of fresh pineapple chunks in the produce section of the supermarket; chop into half-inch pieces for the salsa. Serve with steamed broccoli and warm rolls to complete the dinner.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 219
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 398mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 (1-ounce) slice white bread
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken cutlets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- Cooking spray
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, tossing well.
- 2. Combine peanuts and bread slice in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over chicken. Dredge chicken in the breadcrumb mixture.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Serve chicken with pineapple mixture. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note