I have made this recipe a total of six times. I use a half sheet pan so the icing doesn't overwhelm. Not too much cake or icing. Everyone requests this cake at work for their birthdays.
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Annette Joseph
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 1 cup cola soft drink
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cola and buttermilk in a 2-cup measuring cup.
- 2. Beat butter at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat at low speed just until blended.
- 3. Combine flour and next 2 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add to butter mixture alternately with cola mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Pour batter into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, prepare Peanut Butter Frosting. Pour over warm cake. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Total time includes frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings