Panko breadcrumbs with crushed peanuts create chicken that is moist and juicy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Adding curry powder and cilantro to the crust creates a depth of flavor to these deliciously succulent drumsticks.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 194
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 410mg
- 1 1/2 cups lightly salted peanuts
- 2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 16 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line 2 large, rimmed baking sheets with foil. Place wire racks on top of baking sheets and mist racks with cooking spray.
- 2. In a food processor, pulse peanuts until fine. Add panko, curry powder, salt, pepper and cilantro; pulse until just combined. Transfer to a large ziplock bag.
- 3. In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Working one at a time, dip each drumstick into egg mixture, shaking off excess, then place in ziplock bag and shake to coat with peanut mixture. Put drumsticks on greased racks, taking care not to allow them to touch. Mist chicken with cooking spray.
- 4. Bake chicken until golden, crunchy and cooked through (juices should run clear when chicken is pierced with a sharp knife), turning over halfway through, about 35 minutes total. Serve warm, or allow to cool, wrap and chill to serve cold.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note