Very disappointed after reading all the wonderful reviews. My husband and I didn't think it was particularly good; thought the sauce had an odd flavor. Won't make again
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 310
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 747mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 skinned and boned chicken breasts, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Garnish: chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 3. Whisk together chicken broth and next 7 ingredients. Set aside.
- 4. Heat oils in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Add chicken, and stir-fry 5 minutes or until chicken pieces are browned and no longer pink inside.
- 5. Add peas, bell pepper, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir chicken broth mixture, and add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice; garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Maggi Taste of Asia Sweet Chili Sauce found in the Asian section of large supermarkets.
- Note: Nutritional analysis does not include garnish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes