- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 skinned and boned chicken breasts, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Garnish: chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- calories 310
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 11 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 4.2 g
- polyfat 2.6 g
- protein 20 g
- carbohydrate 35 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- cholesterol 38 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 747 mg
- calcium 55 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions.
Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp. salt.
Whisk together chicken broth and next 7 ingredients. Set aside.
Heat oils in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Add chicken, and stir-fry 5 minutes or until chicken pieces are browned and no longer pink inside.
Add peas, bell pepper, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir chicken broth mixture, and add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice; garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Maggi Taste of Asia Sweet Chili Sauce found in the Asian section of large supermarkets.
Note: Nutritional analysis does not include garnish.