- 4 (4-oz.) chicken breast cutlets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup salted dry-roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Squash Ribbon Salad
How to Make It
Place each chicken cutlet between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
Place flour in a shallow dish. Place eggs in another shallow dish. Stir together panko, peanuts, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a third shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour, dip in eggs, and dredge in panko mixture, pressing to adhere.
Cook half of chicken in 1 Tbsp. hot canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn chicken, add 1 Tbsp. canola oil to skillet, and cook 3 minutes or until done. Place on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan. Keep warm in a 200° oven. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and canola oil. Serve with Squash Ribbon Salad.