Not as flavorful as we had hoped, especially given all the heat and yummy ingredients. We could barely taste either the coconut milk or the peanut butter. CL's Peanutty Noodles (May 2000) and Coconut Red Curry Hot Pot with Braised Chicken and Mushrooms (October 2010) are both way better, in our opinion!
Peanut Chicken Noodle Soup
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
If you can't find udon, substitute 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti.
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups soup and 1 teaspoon sriracha)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 293
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 25.1g
- Carbohydrate: 25.6g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 656mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 14 ounces uncooked fresh udon noodles
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 3 cups skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 15 ounces)
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 cups cooking liquid.
- 2. Heat stock and next 4 ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 3. Add cooking liquid and chicken to milk mixture; cook 3 minutes or until chicken is heated. Add noodles and cabbage; cook 2 minutes or until cabbage wilts. Sprinkle with cilantro and serrano; serve with Sriracha.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note