Loved these cookies. I smashed them a little before baking so that they would be a flatter cookie. Very good. The first ones I baked didn't flatten out like cookies usually do as they bake. So they were thick. We liked the flatter ones much better. I will definitely make these again.
Peanut Buttery-Chocolate Chunk Cookies
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 48 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11.5-oz.) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- Parchment paper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º. Beat butter and peanut butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars; beating well. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- 2. Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture; beat at low speed until well blended. Stir in chocolate chunks. (If desired, store dough in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.)
- 3. Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined or lightly greased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 350º for 11 to 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are brown. Bake chilled dough 13 to 14 minutes.) Cool on baking sheets on a wire rack 3 minutes; transfer to wire racks, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts