I just made these brownies last week. I was slighty dissapointed in the flavor. I think they are missing something. I didnt cut them into football shapes, I just put them a 8 x 11 pan and cut them into squares, they were also crumbly. I think if I remake them I will definetly add peanut butter chips or something.
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 652
- Fat: 42g
- Saturated fat: 21g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 64g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 160mg
- Sodium: 279mg
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 20 tablespoons (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use all natural)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with foil; mist foil with cooking spray. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with 2 sticks butter, stirring until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, cream peanut butter, brown sugar, cream cheese and remaining 1/2 stick butter until well combined, about 3 minutes. Beat in 1 egg.
- 3. Whisk 4 eggs, sugar and vanilla into bowl with melted chocolate; mix well. Stir in flour and salt. Pour batter into baking pan. Spoon reserved peanut-butter mixture on top and use a sharp knife to swirl mixtures together. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 50 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 4. Stir 1 to 2 tsp. cold water into confectioners' sugar until mixture forms a thick, smooth paste. Spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a small plain tip. Using a 1- to 2-inch cookie cutter, cut 12 football shapes out of brownie. Pipe laces onto brownies and allow to set before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts