- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 20 tablespoons (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use all natural)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- calories 652
- fat 42 g
- satfat 21 g
- protein 11 g
- carbohydrate 64 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 160 mg
- sodium 279 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with foil; mist foil with cooking spray. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with 2 sticks butter, stirring until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
In a bowl, using an electric mixer, cream peanut butter, brown sugar, cream cheese and remaining 1/2 stick butter until well combined, about 3 minutes. Beat in 1 egg.
Whisk 4 eggs, sugar and vanilla into bowl with melted chocolate; mix well. Stir in flour and salt. Pour batter into baking pan. Spoon reserved peanut-butter mixture on top and use a sharp knife to swirl mixtures together. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 50 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack.
Stir 1 to 2 tsp. cold water into confectioners' sugar until mixture forms a thick, smooth paste. Spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a small plain tip. Using a 1- to 2-inch cookie cutter, cut 12 football shapes out of brownie. Pipe laces onto brownies and allow to set before serving.