Peanut Butter Surprise Cupcakes
Prep: 20 min., Bake: 20 min. You can use a coffee scoop, which equals about 2 Tbsp., to measure batter into paper baking cups.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups DOMINO Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 milk chocolate kisses
- Confectioners sugar
- 1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add peanut butter, beating until smooth.
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; add to peanut butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- 3. Spoon 2 Tbsp. batter into each of 24 paper baking cups in muffin pans. Place 1 chocolate kiss on its side in center of batter in each cup. Top evenly with remaining batter (about 2 Tbsp. in each cup), covering chocolate kisses.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks. Dust with confectioners sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Peanut Butter-Jam Surprise Cupcakes: Prepare batter as directed. Spoon 2 Tbsp. batter into each of 24 paper baking cups in muffin pans. Omit milk chocolate kisses. Dollop 1 rounded tsp. of your favorite flavor jam in center of batter in each cup. Top evenly with remaining batter (about 2 Tbsp. in each cup). Bake and cool as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note