Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- 1 recipe Peanut Cream Filling, below
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In bowl beat peanut butter and shortening with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in baking soda, salt, and as much flour as you can. Stir in any remaining flour.
- 2. Form dough into balls, using a level teaspoon each. Place 1-1/2 inches apart on ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten by making crisscross marks with tines of fork dipped in sugar.
- 3. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack; cool.
- 4. Spread one teaspoon Peanut Cream Filling on flat side of half of cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days. Freeze unfilled cookies up to 1 month. Makes about 4 dozen sandwich cookies.
- Peanut Cream Filling:In medium bowl whisk together 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter, 3/4 cup marshmallow creme, 3 tablespoons milk, 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon; and 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin. Gradually whisk in 3 tablespoons powdered sugar.
- nutrition facts
- Calories98 Total Fat (g)6 Saturated Fat (g)1, Monounsaturated Fat (g)3, Polyunsaturated Fat (g)2, Cholesterol (mg)4, Sodium (mg)69, Carbohydrate (g)11, Total Sugar (g)7, Fiber (g)1, Protein (g)2, Calcium (DV%)1, Iron (DV%)2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies