My daughter made these and they were fabulous!!!
Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Get your cookie fix with this outstanding recipe that uses peanut butter and other ingredients you have in your pantry to make tasty sandwich cookies.
Bake: 12 Minutes
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Creamy Peanut Butter Filling
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- 2. Beat together first 3 ingredients and 1/2 cup granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Stir in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- 3. Scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheets, 1 rounded tablespoonful at a time, about 2 inches apart. (Dough should yield about 24 cookies.) Press cookies flat with the back of a fork dipped into remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Sprinkle cookies with any remaining sugar, if desired, and bake 12 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Remove from oven, and cool 5 minutes on pan; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. Spread about 1 tablespoon Creamy Peanut Butter Filling onto flat side of 12 cookies, and top each with another cookie, flat side down, to make a sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note