- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to Make It
Cream butter and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Beat in egg and vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture, stirring well.
Divide dough in half; shape each half into a roll, 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper, and chill 3 hours or until firm.
Cut into 1/4-inch slices; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.