Peanut Butter-Oat Bars
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 387
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 9.1g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 9.6g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 184mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups regular rolled oats
- 2/3 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 1/3 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl, mix butter and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in flour, oats, peanuts, and coconut until well blended.
- 2. Press dough evenly into a buttered and floured 10- by 15-inch baking pan. For chewy bars, bake in a 350° oven until edges are lightly browned, about 20 minutes; for crisp bars, bake until slightly darker brown, about 5 minutes longer. Spread with peanut butter. Let cool about 15 minutes.
- 3. Seal chocolate chips in a heavy 1-quart zip-lock plastic bag. Heat in a microwave oven at 30% power until chips are soft, about 2 minutes. Squeeze chocolate to one corner of bag, then use scissors to snip a very small hole in the corner. Squeeze chocolate in thin lines over peanut butter. Chill until the chocolate is firm, about 20 minutes. Cut into 20 bars.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per bar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts