Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
Community Recipe from
- Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- Creamy peanut butter works best in this recipe. If you prefer, the melted chocolate can be drizzled onto the cookies instead of piped.
- Martha Stewart Living, September 1999
- Makes 40
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat dry milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread oatmeal in an ungreased baking pan, and toast until it is lightly browned, about 11 minutes, shaking once. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and nonfat dry milk. Stir in toasted oatmeal, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in honey. Pour the butter mixture over the peanut-butter mixture, and stir until well combined. Allow to cool slightly.
- Shape into about forty logs, each about 2 1/2 inches long. Place the logs onto a wire rack or a parchment-lined baking sheet, and set aside.
- Place chocolate morsels in a small heat-proof bowl or the top of a double boiler, and set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally until chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and transfer melted chocolate to a pastry bag fitted with a #3 plain round tip. Pipe chocolate onto the cookie logs. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 1 week.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies
More Recipes for Main Dishes