DELICIOUS! I DON'T LIKE PB COOKIES NEITHER!! I MADE EXTRA JELLY SAUCE TO DRIZZLE OVER THE COOKIES TO MASK THE FLAVOR!! HUBBY & KIDS LOVE EM!!!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
The favorite sandwich flavor combination comes together in these adorable preserves-filled cookies. Use any type of jam or preserves.
Yield: 3 dozen (serving size: 1 cookie)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 103
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 16.9g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 48mg
- Calcium: 8mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 7 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and salt, stirring well with a whisk; set aside.
- Place sugars, peanut butter, and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Lightly coat hands with cooking spray. Shape dough into 36 balls (about 2 1/2 teaspoons each). Place balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Press thumb into center of each dough ball, leaving an indentation. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Uncover dough. Bake at 350° for 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies from pans, and cool on a wire rack.
- Place preserves in a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH 20 seconds, stirring once. Add juice, stirring until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon preserves mixture into the center of each cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This