Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 cup low-sugar strawberry spread
- Beat margarine and peanut butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg whites and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, soda, and salt in a small bowl, stirring well. Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Shape dough into 40 (1-inch) balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten cookies into 2-inch circles using a flat-bottomed glass. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove from cookie sheets, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons strawberry spread on the bottom of half the cooled cookies; top with remaining cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This