Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Yield: 5 dozen
- 1 cup sugar, plus extra for rolling dough
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Strawberry Jelly, or any Smucker's® Jam, Jelly or preserves of your choice
- 1. HEAT oven to 375° F.
2. BEAT together sugar, brown sugar, shortening and peanut butter. until blended. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture. Beat well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. BAKE 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool 2 minutes. Make a depression in the center of each warm cookie with your finger or the back of a teaspoon. Fill each depression with about 1/2 teaspoon jelly. Cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies