I made this recipe for the granola, not to use in the parfait. Based on the comment about the granola burning when baked as directed, I baked it for 20-25 minutes at 350. The result is delicious! It's a bit sweet for our liking, so when I make it again I'd reduce the brown sugar a little. But I'd be proud to serve this as a brunch selection for guests!
Peanut Butter Granola Crunch Parfaits
Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Cindy Barr
Peanut Butter Granola Crunch Parfaits are the perfect middle-of-the-day springtime snack to hold the kids over until dinner.
Yield: Serves 6
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 286
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 193mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups vanilla frozen Greek yogurt
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Heat syrup, peanut butter, oil, and vanilla in a saucepan over high heat, stirring until smooth. Add to oat mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Spread oat mixture on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 9 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes. Divide yogurt among 6 parfait glasses; top each serving with 1/3 cup granola.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note