Peanut Butter Graham Cookies
Prep and Cook Time: about 45 minutes. Notes: Add 1 cup raisins or chocolate chips to the dough (step 2) if you like. You can store the cookies airtight for up to 2 weeks.
Yield: Makes about 60 cookies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 72
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 1.6g
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 78mg
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, honey, 1/4 cup water, peanut butter, and vanilla until well blended, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- 2. In another bowl, mix flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt. Stir into butter mixture until well blended.
- 3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets. Press each cookie with a floured fork to make a crosshatch pattern.
- 4. Bake cookies in a 350° oven until edges are golden, about 12 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then use a wide spatula to transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note