Peanut Butter-Fudge Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- Fudge Frosting
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in creamy peanut butter, buttermilk and beaten eggs.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in 1 cup water and cocoa. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir cocoa mixture into flour mixture. Pour batter into a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 325° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Spread Fudge Frosting evenly over warm cake.
- Garnish with miniature peanut butter cup candies, halved, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note