Just love the cake. I made it with double the cocoa and loved it.
Peanut Butter-Fudge Cake
Photo: Tina Evans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- Chocolate Frosting
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan; stir in cocoa. Add water, buttermilk, and eggs, stirring well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Remove from heat; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Carefully spread peanut butter over warm cake. Cool completely.
- Spread Chocolate Frosting over peanut butter; cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts