Peanut Butter Crunch Candy
Perfect as a food gift, this peanut butter crunch candy will remind you of a famous candy bar. Making it from scratch with only a few ingredients is even better!
Yield: 1 pound (36 pieces)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- Butter an 8" square pan.
- Heat peanut butter in top of a double boiler or on low heat in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly, until softened; set aside.
- Combine sugar, water, and syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes to wash crystals from sides of pan. Uncover and cook, without stirring, to 310° (hard-crack stage), about 16 minutes.
- Working quickly, pour syrup mixture immediately into peanut butter, stirring constantly, just until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Let cool 1 minute. Score (cut through but not to bottom of pan) into 1" squares. Cool completely.
- Cut candy with a sharp knife along scored lines. Dip candy in melted chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into pan. Cool completely on wax paper; place candy in decorative candy liners, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note