Peanut Butter-Chocolate Ice Cream
You'll love this creamy frozen rendition of chocolate-peanut butter cups.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 7.7g
- Carbohydrate: 42.4g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 147mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 2g
- Calcium: 122mg
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk, divided
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- Combine sugar and cocoa in a medium saucepan; add 1 cup milk, stirring with a whisk. Cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until hot. Gradually add about one-fourth hot milk mixture to eggs, stirring constantly with whisk. Add to remaining hot milk mixture, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, half-and-half, and peanut butter, stirring with whisk until smooth. Cook 12 minutes over medium heat or until mixture reaches 160°, stirring constantly with whisk. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Cover and chill at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into the freezer can of a 4-quart ice-cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze 2 hours or until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts