These were not worth the effort--and mess! After the first batch, I dropped some chocolate chips on top to give them a little flavor. I've always had good luck with cooking light recipes, but this was a disaster--for my taste buds and for my kitchen! I, too, did not bother making the frosting.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies
Drizzle the icing in whatever patterns you like.
Yield: 36 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 96
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 78mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3 1/2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. To prepare the cookies, weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring well with a whisk. Combine granulated sugar, 1/4 cup peanut butter, and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Beat in milk. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until well blended.
- 3. Spoon dough mixture into a pastry bag fitted with 1/2-inch round tip. Pipe 36 (1 1/2-inch-round) mounds onto 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 11 minutes. Cool 1 minute on pans. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- 4. To prepare the icing, combine 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon cream, and 3 tablespoons peanut butter in a medium bowl; stir well. Spoon peanut butter mixture into a small zip-top plastic bag; set aside. Place chips in a medium glass bowl, and microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Add the remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons milk, remaining 1 tablespoon cream, and cocoa to the melted chocolate, stirring well with a whisk. Spoon chocolate mixture into a small zip-top plastic bag. Starting with peanut butter mixture, snip a tiny hole in corner of bag; drizzle icing on half of each cookie. Repeat procedure with chocolate frosting on other half of each cookie. Let stand 10 minutes or until icing is set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts