BEST COOKIES EVER - HAS THE BEST OF ALL WORLDS WITH PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE TASTE, A CHOCOLATE FIX AND TEXTURE OF AN OATMEAL COOKIE.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package chocolate chunks, divided
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla; beat well. Add 4 1/4 cups oats, soda, and salt; stir well. Stir in 1 cup chocolate pieces and pecans. (Dough will be stiff.)
- Pack dough into a 1/4-cup measure. Drop dough 4 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Lightly press each cookie with fingertips into a 3 1/2-inch circle. Press 3 or 4 remaining chocolate chunks into each cookie and sprinkle with remaining oats.
- Bake at 350° for 14 minutes (centers of cookies will be slightly soft). Cool 3 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts