Not very sweet so the taste of the flour is evident.
Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Scones
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Carbohydrate: 25.1g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 159mg
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Calcium: 75mg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup natural-style chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine peanut butter and next 3 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in chocolate chips. Knead dough 4 times in bowl.
- Pat dough into a 7-inch circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut dough into 12 wedges, cutting into but not through dough (do not separate wedges). Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch