Very good but I don't think these bars did not need the oatmeal crust. It was delicious but it didn't mix well with the rice Krispies. They were quite sweet too. But they are definitely kid-friendly
Peanut Butter-Chocolate-Oatmeal Cereal Bars
The name of this bar cookie says it all. Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Oatmeal, and Cereal-- what's not to love? After a short toast in the oven, the ingredients for this snack or dessert recipe come together in the microwave, then cool for about 45 minutes.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (10-oz.) package peanut butter morsels
- 1 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Press firmly onto bottom of a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. (Mixture will be thin.) Bake 12 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- 2. Microwave corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter in a large microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Stir in cereal. Press mixture firmly over oat mixture in pan.
- 3. Microwave chocolate and peanut butter morsels in a microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Spread over cereal mixture. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Cool 45 minutes. Cut into bars.
- Note: We tested with Reese's Peanut Butter Chips and Rice Krispies cereal.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note