Peanut Butter Cakes
No time to make frosting? This cake has a baked-on topping.
Yield: Makes 7 loaves
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peanutty Topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat peanut butter and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- 2. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into peanut butter mixture. Pour batter into 7 greased and floured 5- x 3-inch disposable aluminum foil loaf pans, filling each pan half-full. Place pans on a baking sheet; sprinkle with Peanutty Topping.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pans on wire racks (about 20 minutes).
- Chocolate Chip-Peanut Butter Cakes: Stir in 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels into batter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note