I thought this was delicious and super fuss-free. For some reason, opening up the fridge in the morning to find "cooked" bulgur delighted me more than it probably should have... Anyways, the only drawback was I found myself hungry a couple hours later, but I'm hoping it was just a fluke. The 1 cup of bulgur ends up making enough for just a little over 3 servings so I'll be eating this a few more times.
Crunchy Peanut Butter Bulgur with Berries
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 327
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 14.8g
- Carbohydrate: 43.5g
- Fiber: 11.9g
- Sodium: 126mg
- 1 cup uncooked Bob's Red Mill Bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped peanuts
- Combine uncooked bulgur and milk in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Fluff in the morning. Place 3/4 cup soaked grains in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute. Stir in peanut butter. Top with raspberries, yogurt, and chopped peanuts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note