I used 1 extra large strawberry, did not add Greek yogurt and peanuts. It wasn't bad, but I think I need to try again to get used to that texture in a warm cereal. Maybe next time I'll add the Greek yogurt.
Crunchy Peanut Butter Bulgur with Berries
This grain works while you sleep--a no-cook cereal with 40g whole grains per serving.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 327
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 14.8g
- Carbohydrate: 43.5g
- Fiber: 11.9g
- Sodium: 126mg
- 1 cup uncooked Bob's Red Mill Bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped peanuts
- Combine uncooked bulgur and milk in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Fluff in the morning. Place 3/4 cup soaked grains in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute. Stir in peanut butter. Top with raspberries, yogurt, and chopped peanuts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note