This is amazing! Like a PB & J for breakfast. Personally, I preferred it without the yogurt. The best part about this recipe is you can mix it up a bit. It is perfect as is, but you can use any berry, you can use any nut butter, and you can use any nut. Whatever you have on hand works. Also, you can prep a few on Sunday night and they are set in the fridge for breakfast all week. Just grab and go!
Crunchy Peanut Butter Bulgur with Berries
This grain works while you sleep--a no-cook cereal with 40g whole grains per serving.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 327
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 14.8g
- Carbohydrate: 43.5g
- Fiber: 11.9g
- Sodium: 126mg
- 1 cup uncooked Bob's Red Mill Bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped peanuts
- Combine uncooked bulgur and milk in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Fluff in the morning. Place 3/4 cup soaked grains in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute. Stir in peanut butter. Top with raspberries, yogurt, and chopped peanuts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note