Good GOD. I mean think about it, lol. I tried it out & even wrote a blog!!! Delicious...
Peanut Butter-Banana Sandwich Bread Puddings With Dark Caramel Sauce
These puff much like soufflés, so present to guests right out of the oven. Encourage them to hold off enjoying the desserts for five minutes while they cool slightly
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 56 Minutes
- 8 buttermilk bread slices, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- Peanut Butter Streusel Topping
- Dark Caramel Sauce
- Garnish: powdered sugar
- 1. Spread bread slices with peanut butter. Top 4 bread slices with bananas and remaining bread slices, peanut butter sides down, pressing firmly. Cut sandwiches into 1-inch pieces; place in 8 lightly greased (8-oz.) ramekins.
- 2. Whisk together eggs and sugars; whisk in whipping cream. Gradually pour mixture over sandwich pieces in ramekins; sprinkle with Peanut Butter Streusel Topping. Place ramekins in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Let puddings stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, set, and puffed. Serve warm with Dark Caramel Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: We tested with Pepperidge Farm Sweet Buttermilk Farmhouse Bread. Bread pudding mixture may be prepared in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until golden brown, set, and puffed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note