Good GOD. I mean think about it, lol. I tried it out & even wrote a blog!!! Delicious...
Peanut Butter-Banana Sandwich Bread Puddings With Dark Caramel Sauce
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Marian Cooper Cairns
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 56 Minutes
- 8 buttermilk bread slices, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- Peanut Butter Streusel Topping
- Dark Caramel Sauce
- Garnish: powdered sugar
- 1. Spread bread slices with peanut butter. Top 4 bread slices with bananas and remaining bread slices, peanut butter sides down, pressing firmly. Cut sandwiches into 1-inch pieces; place in 8 lightly greased (8-oz.) ramekins.
- 2. Whisk together eggs and sugars; whisk in whipping cream. Gradually pour mixture over sandwich pieces in ramekins; sprinkle with Peanut Butter Streusel Topping. Place ramekins in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Let puddings stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, set, and puffed. Serve warm with Dark Caramel Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: We tested with Pepperidge Farm Sweet Buttermilk Farmhouse Bread. Bread pudding mixture may be prepared in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until golden brown, set, and puffed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note