- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (9-ounce) package chocolate wafers
- 4 medium bananas, sliced and divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; whisk in eggs and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, over low heat until thickened (about 25 minutes). Remove pan from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Set custard aside.
Spread 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter between 2 chocolate wafers, forming a sandwich; repeat with remaining peanut butter and chocolate wafers.
Place sandwich cookies in the bottom of a 3-quart bowl; top with banana slices. Pour custard over bananas; cover and chill 4 hours.
Spread whipped topping evenly over custard, and sprinkle with peanuts before serving.