Peanut Butter-Banana Pudding
This recipe originally appeared in our pages almost 10 years ago. This time we added chocolate wafers, and it's never been better.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (9-ounce) package chocolate wafers
- 4 medium bananas, sliced and divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; whisk in eggs and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, over low heat until thickened (about 25 minutes). Remove pan from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Set custard aside.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter between 2 chocolate wafers, forming a sandwich; repeat with remaining peanut butter and chocolate wafers.
- Place sandwich cookies in the bottom of a 3-quart bowl; top with banana slices. Pour custard over bananas; cover and chill 4 hours.
- Spread whipped topping evenly over custard, and sprinkle with peanuts before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note