very good and moist!
Peanut Butter-Banana Muffins
Freeze them up to one month; thaw in the refrigerator overnight, or defrost in the microwave.
Yield: Makes About 1 1/2 dozen
- 2 cups shreds of wheat bran cereal
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium-size ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Streusel Topping
- Stir together cereal and milk; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir banana and next 3 ingredients into cereal mixture; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle Streusel Topping evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads