Made for a small dinner party and received rave reviews. Everyone enjoyed it and pie was fairly easy to make. Great summer dessert.
Peanut Butter-Banana Icebox Pie
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Prop Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 9 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 15 sheets)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (4-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- Toppings: sweetened whipped cream, chocolate syrup, chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients; firmly press on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- 2. Microwave chocolate and 1/2 cup whipping cream in a small microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. (Do not overheat.) Spoon chocolate mixture into prepared crust.
- 3. Beat cream cheese, next 2 ingredients, and 1/4 cup whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until mixture is light and fluffy.
- 4. Beat vanilla and remaining 1 1/4 cups whipping cream at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold one-third whipped cream mixture into peanut butter mixture to loosen; fold in remaining whipped cream mixture.
- 5. Arrange banana slices over chocolate mixture in crust. Spread peanut butter mixture over bananas. Cover and chill 8 hours. Serve pie with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note