Using cinnamon-raisin bread puts a fresh touch on the traditional peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Yield: 1 adult serving (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 283
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 40.7g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 235mg
- Calcium: 9mg
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter (such as Smucker's)
- 2 (1-ounce) slices whole-grain cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 teaspoons any flavor of fruit spread (such as Polaner All-Fruit)
- 1. Spread peanut butter evenly on one side of a bread slice; spread fruit spread on one side of remaining bread slice. Press bread together, and cut into squares.
- for your toddler: Serve the sandwich with baby carrots and milk.
- Mini PB&J Sandwiches variation: Use a slightly toasted whole-wheat mini bagel in place of the bread slices. Cut the sandwich in half before serving. CALORIES 192; FAT 8.4g (sat 1.2g, mono 4g, poly 2.7g); PROTEIN 6.5g; CARB 24.6g; FIBER 1.7g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 1.4mg; SODIUM 126mg; CALC 14mg
- kitchen tip: If you have trouble spreading natural peanut butter after it's been in the refrigerator, try warming a few tablespoons in the microwave for 15 seconds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note