Peanut Butter-and-Jam Oatmeal Bars
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package yellow cake mix
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1. Line bottom and sides of a 13- x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
- 2. Stir together cake mix and oats in a large bowl. Stir in butter with a fork until mixture is crumbly and dry ingredients are moistened. Press half of oat mixture evenly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- 3. Stir together peanut butter and preserves in a medium bowl. Gently spread peanut butter mixture evenly over oat mixture in pan. Sprinkle peanuts and remaining half of oat mixture evenly over peanut butter mixture.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool.
- 5. Lift baked bars from pan, using foil sides as handles. Place on a cutting board, and cut into 24 bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch