This recipe is perfect for those who are afraid to try tofu.... it is outstanding! We used half of the tofu and even less rice called for to reduce the size of the serving however we kept the veggies and the sauce at the same quantity. We also used a "spicy" chili sauce. The flavour was infused into the tofu quite well. We will for sure be keeping this recipe for repeat performances!
More From Southern Living
Stand: 55 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 400
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 15.3g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 633mg
- Calcium: 188mg
- 1 (16-oz.) package firm tofu
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot sticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Garnish: lime wedges
- 1. Place tofu between 2 flat plates. Weight the top with a heavy can. (Sides of tofu should be bulging slightly but not cracking.) Let stand 45 minutes; discard liquid. Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2. Prepare rice according to package directions, adding 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine vegetable broth and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Add tofu, and toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove tofu from marinade, reserving marinade.
- 4. Heat oils in a nonstick skillet or wok over high heat 1 minute. Add tofu, and stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Remove tofu. Add broccoli and carrot sticks; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add reserved marinade, and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened; stir in cooked tofu. Serve over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peanut-Broccoli Stir-fry Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes