I made this today and the flavor was good, but the sauce was much too runny. Next time I will use at least one tablespoon of corn starch. I think a pinch of red pepper flakes would improve the taste as well.
Jennifer Davick; Buffy Hargett; Vanessa McNeil Rocchio
More From Southern Living
Stand: 55 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 400
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 15.3g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 633mg
- Calcium: 188mg
- 1 (16-oz.) package firm tofu
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot sticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Garnish: lime wedges
- 1. Place tofu between 2 flat plates. Weight the top with a heavy can. (Sides of tofu should be bulging slightly but not cracking.) Let stand 45 minutes; discard liquid. Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2. Prepare rice according to package directions, adding 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine vegetable broth and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Add tofu, and toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove tofu from marinade, reserving marinade.
- 4. Heat oils in a nonstick skillet or wok over high heat 1 minute. Add tofu, and stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Remove tofu. Add broccoli and carrot sticks; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add reserved marinade, and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened; stir in cooked tofu. Serve over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peanut-Broccoli Stir-fry Recipe at a Glance