Peanut Brittle Milk Punch
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
We take the flavors of a favorite Southern candy and whip them up for a frothy Peanut Brittle Milk Punch.
- 2 cups unsalted, blanched peanuts
- 7 cups milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 lemon rind strips
- 4 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Bourbon (optional)
- Garnish: crushed peanut brittle
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake peanuts in a single layer in a shallow pan 15 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Bring milk, cream, brown sugar, honey, salt, lemon rind strips, and peanuts to a boil in a large heavy-duty saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla bean paste. Let stand 15 minutes. Discard lemon rind strips. Process mixture with a handheld blender until smooth. Strain into a pitcher. If desired, stir in 2 to 3 Tbsp. bourbon per 1 cup punch just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages