Peanut Brittle Blondies
Dress up classic blonde brownies with peanut brittle from your local candy shop. They're big, rich bars--easy to stack and pack for holiday giving.
Editor's favorite; Gift idea
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coarsely crushed peanut brittle (about 14 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook until butter is melted. Remove from heat. Cool slightly; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; stir into brown sugar mixture. Stir in peanut brittle and vanilla. Press dough into a greased and floured 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note