Homemade peanut brittle. Need candy thermometer.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) corn syrup
- 2 cup(s) Spanish peanuts - raw
- Need candy thermometer Butter two cookie sheets thoroughly
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in heavy pan on stove
- Cook to 236 degrees stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved
- Add raw peanuts and salt
- Cook to 295 degrees
- Remove from heat. Place thermometer into glass of hot water
- Add butter and soda. Stir well.
- Pour onto well buttered cookie sheets
- Spread and pull peanut butter as thin as possible with buttered fingers & utensils
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JackieMurphy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note