Prep and Cook Time: about 35 minutes. Notes: These kid-pleasing, chocolate kiss-topped peanut butter cookies can be stored airtight for up to 2 days.
Yield: Makes about 70 cookies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 70
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 8.8g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 59mg
- Cholesterol: 7.9mg
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate candy kisses (about 70)
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and the brown sugar and peanut butter until very smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- 2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well blended.
- 3. Put remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a shallow bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in sugar to coat. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on buttered or cooking parchment- lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 4. Bake cookies in a 350° oven until slightly darker brown, 8 to 10 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking. Press a chocolate candy kiss into the center of each cookie (dough may crack). Continue to bake until chocolate is shiny and soft, about 3 minutes longer.
- 5. Using a wide spatula, transfer the cookies to racks to cool completely.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This