- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely ground dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- Peanut butter (optional)
- Grape jelly (optional)
- Sift together flour, ground peanuts, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk, stirring with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead 4 to 5 times.
- Roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve hot with peanut butter and jelly, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This