- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely ground dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- Peanut butter (optional)
- Grape jelly (optional)
How to Make It
Sift together flour, ground peanuts, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk, stirring with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead 4 to 5 times.
Roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve hot with peanut butter and jelly, if desired.