Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
Try this chunky pesto riff as a sauce on fish or pork, tossed with cellophane or vermicelli noodles, or stirred into chicken noodle soup.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 3 cups firmly packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch green onions (green parts only), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- Stir together first 7 ingredients; slowly stir in olive oil until blended.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note